Haikus, drawings, and pasta

A source of creativity and imagination

Catalina Island trip part 1

on April 14, 2014

I have two favorite moments I experienced on my field trip to Ctalina, but I’ll write one now. I was at Catalina Island Wendesday-Friday, and saw some wonderful things. One of my favorite moments was kayaking- but it was scary. We kayaked all the way to the neighboring cove! Me and my kayaking partner Gavin found four kelps with air bladders the size of a grapefruit! We also found another one with an air bladder the size of a crab apple. We even named them! Bob was the first, he was the third biggest. Then we found Jeremy, his… “Brother,” who was the second biggest. We then found the smallest, which we named Amelia, which was Bob and Jeremy’s little cousin. Then we found Bob’s wife, Rebecca, the second smallest, and then we found Suzy, the grandmother, who was the biggest. We did find an even bigger one! believe it or not who was the grandpa named Matthew, but we had to toss him overboard because he weighed us down to much. Also, my classmates came face to face with a sea lion who was fighting with a pelican over a fish! Overall, it was a fun experience.

One Response to “Catalina Island trip part 1”

1. jasminech7 says:

That was a lot of fun! What I have to say is that you did a great job describing your experiences but there were a few type-o’s. Otherwise, the post looks fine. A reference for the future is that you should proofread your posts before you post them on your blog. I hope I helped!